It’s that time of the week again when I send out prayer requests to the SPEAK Network. I’ve been a bit slack with them of late, and even more so with posting them here, but here are the two requests I’ve received for the week of 4th October:
- For the Big Dress campaign:
- Sharon and Hannah from the Network Support Team are about to write to some celebrities who they hope will want to support the Big Dress campaign. Pray that they will be able to clearly and concisely explain the Big Dress and how it relates to trade justice, and that the celebs will want to get involved and support what we are doing.
- Letters will also soon be going out to the network and loudspeakers to ask for donations for the Big Dress. Please pray that these will be well received, and that people will be generous with their money. Please also pray for other avenues of funding that are currently being pursued, including applications to outside organisations.
- Please pray that someone would want to take on the role of Big Dress Tour co-ordinator when the Big Dress goes on tour round the UK and further afield.
- The new SPEAK mailing should have been dispatched at the weekend but wasn’t quite completed. Pray for the Norwich group: that they manage to get it packed soon and that God would be with them, and that they would enjoy their time together stuffing envelopes. Thank God for their willingness to serve the network in this way, and pray that He blesses them.
The intention of the SPEAK prayer e-mail list is to enable people from across the Network, and groups in particular, to support each other in prayer. If you’d like to sign up, or if you’re a member of a SPEAK group that you think should be represented then please drop me an e-mail. Prayer requests for next week by Monday (11th) evening please. It’d be really great to hear what some groups have planned for this term.